Litchfield Local Services
Litchfield ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Litchfield site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Litchfield Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Litchfield When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Litchfield Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Litchfield Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Litchfield ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Litchfield and a Place to Meet
The litchfield.nt.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Litchfield
Litchfield is a beautiful region in the Northern Territory of Australia. It is located about 100 kilometers south of Darwin and covers an area of around 1,500 square kilometers. Here are some interesting facts about this stunning place:
- Litchfield National Park is the main attraction in the region. It offers a range of natural wonders, including waterfalls, swimming holes, and ancient rock formations. The park is home to several species of plants and animals, including wallabies, possums, and flying foxes.
- The park is also famous for its magnetic termite mounds, which are unique to the Northern Territory. These tall, thin mounds are aligned north-south and are thought to help the termites regulate the temperature inside their nests.
- One of the most popular waterfalls in the park is Florence Falls, which has two cascades that plunge into a deep swimming hole. Visitors can swim, hike, and picnic in the area.
- Another highlight of the park is the Buley Rockhole, a series of cascading pools and rock slides that are perfect for cooling off on a hot day. The area is surrounded by lush vegetation, giving it a tropical feel.
- Another interesting feature of Litchfield is the Tolmer Falls, which are located in a deep gorge and surrounded by dramatic cliffs. The falls are named after the explorer, Alexander Tolmer, who discovered them in the 1800s.
- The region also has a rich cultural heritage, with several Aboriginal communities living in the area. Visitors can learn about the local indigenous culture and history by taking guided tours or visiting art galleries.
- The Lost City is another fascinating attraction in Litchfield. It is a collection of bizarre sandstone pinnacles and spires that have been eroded over millions of years. The formations resemble the ruins of an ancient city, hence the name.
- The climate in Litchfield is tropical, with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The best time to visit is between May and August when the weather is dry and cooler.
Overall, Litchfield is a stunning region in the Northern Territory that offers something for everyone. From natural wonders to cultural experiences, there is plenty to see and do in this enchanting place.