Litchfield Visitor Information
Welcome to Litchfield!
Litchfield is a region located in the Northern Territory of Australia. It is known for its beautiful waterfalls, rugged landscapes, and fascinating wildlife.
The best way to get to Litchfield is by car. It is located approximately 100 km south-west of Darwin. You can rent a car in Darwin or arrange a tour with a local company that specializes in Litchfield tours.
Things to Do
Litchfield has a lot to offer visitors. Here are some of the top things to do:
- Visit the waterfalls - Litchfield has a number of stunning waterfalls including Florence Falls, Wangi Falls, and Tolmer Falls.
- Take a hike - There are a number of walking trails in Litchfield that allow you to explore the region's rugged landscapes.
- Swim in the natural pools - Along with waterfalls, Litchfield has a number of natural pools that are perfect for swimming.
- Explore the termite mounds - Litchfield is known for its impressive termite mounds. You can take a guided tour to learn more about these fascinating structures.
- Go wildlife spotting - Litchfield is home to a number of unique Australian animals including wallabies, kangaroos, and dingoes.
When to Visit
The best time to visit Litchfield is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. During this time the weather is mild and there is little rainfall. However, be aware that this is also the peak tourist season, so you may encounter larger crowds.
Where to Stay
There are a number of accommodation options in and around Litchfield including camping grounds, guest houses, and hotels. If you plan to camp, be sure to bring insect repellent as mosquitoes can be quite prevalent.
Litchfield is a beautiful and unique region of Australia that is definitely worth a visit. Whether you're interested in hiking, swimming, or wildlife spotting, there is something here for everyone.